The following satellite workshops have been confirmed for LabPhon 17. More information about each will be posted on this page.
July 5, 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM
- Cue weighting: Thinking outside the box · organized by Meghan Clayards, James Kirby, and Jessamyn Schertz · link to website
July 5, 9:00 AM – 12:00 noon
- Usage-based approaches to phonological change · organized by Vsevolod Kapatsinski and Corrine Occhino · link to website
July 9, 8:00 AM – 11:20 AM
- Situating phonological contrast within the production-perception loop · organized by Abby Cohn and Jason Shaw · link to website
July 9, 9:00 AM – 11:30 PM
- Pedagogical approaches to Laboratory Phonology · organized by Christina Bjorndahl, Mark Gibson, and Jonathan Howell · link to website
July 9, 12:45 PM – 13:30 PM
- Neural network models for articulatory gestures · organized by Tomas O. Lentz and Marianne Pouplier · link to website
- Word-specific phenomena in the realization of vowel categories: Methodological and theoretical perspectives · organized by Gerard Docherty, James Grama, Ksenia Gnevsheva, Jennifer Hay, James Brand, Simon Gonzalez, Debbie Loakes, Elena Sheard, Paul Foulkes, Chloe Diskin, Katie Drager, James Walker, and Catherine Travis · link to website · This workshop has been postponed until 1/2 October 2020. Details on the workshop web-site.
- Forms and representations in phonology: in honour of Bob Ladd · organized by Amalia Arvaniti, Bettina Braun, Sasha Calhoun, James Kirby, and Ivan Yuen · link to website · This workshop has been postponed. Details TBA.